Anyone else excited for wedding season! Soon the snow and cold will be gone (really) and it will be time for wedding season. We have been busy at the stores and below are the top trends we think you will be seeing all across the lakes area at weddings this season.
- Texture across bridesmaids. It has been a commonplace for the last few years for maids to select their own dress. This is great for the girls as they can pick something that is comfortable and is their own style. Typically, all the dresses have been the same fabric and designer. 2016 has taken this to a new level- adding the element of texture. In the same bridal party, we are seeing sequin, print, chiffon and even satin! The result: 100% awesomeness. 2016 is all about individuality.
- Color in wedding gowns. Nothing too funky but color nonetheless. We are not seeing the traditional bright whites or even light ivories. We are now seeing layers of champagnes, golds and even blushes. These are usually softened with a lace or tulle overlay in an antique ivory or diamond white.
- Straps, sleeves and 2016 “modesty” – strapless is becoming less and less. We are seeing sleeves, straps and even high necklines on nearly every gown. Don’t be mislead though- all of these details are illusion. Illusion details add the right amount of texture.
- Vintage- Gatsby not Burlap. We are starting to see the vintage wedding movement shift towards the fanciful elaborate side of vintage- and away from the effortless country chic.
- Menswear- color, formal and fully dressed. The “vested” look is still strong but men are going back to the full tuxedo. They want something as stunning and amazing as the rest of the bridal party. We are seeing the groom in full dress and even color! Neutral accessories finish a pop of color in the jacket.
- Hairpieces and veils- veils are gaining in popularity again. Something with elaborate lace and bead detail replaces the simple pouf that once was mainstream. Cathedral veils are also gaining attention as they compliment today’s more slim fitting dress.
What does 2017 and beyond bring? We are speculating satin, more formal and the return of the ballgown.