Have the holidays left you feeling full? We are not talking about the fullness of your heart after spending time with loved ones and friends. We are talking about the fullness of eating to many cookies, drinking too much wine, and overall overindulgence.
With 2016 just days away, there is no better time to get started on feeling in control again.
Below are our favorite suggestions for getting motivated and started on feeling better.
- Just get moving. No one ever went for a run, to a yoga class or even spent a good deal of time on the elliptical and felt worse after. Exercise releases endorphin’s. Endorphin’s make us feel good.
- Drink up! Put down that wine glass and grab a water bottle. Don’t have one? Go get a new fancy one that makes you excited to drink from. Water flushes toxins from your system and promotes all around healthy body function.
- Be nice. If you are nice to people, they are nice back- most of the time. Spread the happiness and you will get it back. For those who are not nice, brighten there day with a smile.
- Stay organized. A clean work-space is a happy work-space.
- Read. They say smart people read. Celebrity gossip counts, technically it’s reading. Plus it makes that time fly by while doing cardio.
- Buy new workout gear. New clothes just make a person feel good.
- Add some fiber and protein to your diet. You hear it all the time- all. the. time. But do you know why? Fiber and protein make you feel fuller longer. If you feel fuller longer, you won’t overeat.
- Set goals- that you can achieve. Once you have met your goal- no matter how small, you will feel good. Finish a book, drink 8 glasses of water a day, eat breakfast. Start small.
There are so many ways to make 2016 your best year. Take small steps steps today and tomorrow will surely be better.