Forget about an alter, your back drop is the ocean and a romantic sunset:
A destination wedding is the perfect blend of a vacation and honeymoon. Many couples choose to wed in a tropical paradise for many different reasons. A wedding and dream vacation all in one? Yes, please!
Below are some tips and tricks to help plan your perfect destination wedding
1. Use on on-site planner: Most destination wedding venues provide the couple with someone to oversee planning. Since you are not able to be there and physically go over all the details in person, it is important that you have someone who is.
2. Be mindful of the weather: A satin ballgown with a cathedral length train is gorgeous, but not on a beach. Think of soft, flowing fabrics- maybe even a shorter style? You don’t want to be sweating more than necessary.
3. Research the law: Make sure to brush up on the marriage laws of the area you are visiting. Some places have stricter laws governing marriage than others.
4. Do something special for your guests: Most of your guests are spending around $1000 or more to attend your big day. Make sure to do something special for them. Hosting an extra party or excursion is a thoughtful way of saying “Thank You”
5. Check up on your vendors: Your on-site planner should help with this too, however, make sure you are using reputable vendors. Check up on their references and past clients. Always sign a contract.
6. Book in advance: You are sure to get the best rooms and best price if you plan out far enough. Many popular resort destinations sell out of their best views in the busy season. You want the honeymoon suite, don’t you?
7. Relax, your on vacation: Wedding planning can be stressful, but remember you are on vacation too! Enjoy your time in paradise.